“Sorting out” new CLPs

How to change CLPs when you move house

Quite a few comrades have told us that they have moved house and “haven’t yet sorted out” getting into their new CLP.

You have to do this online. It’s not a matter of tracking down your new CLP secretary and asking them to do the sorting-out, because they can’t. They get their lists of addresses for messages about meetings and so on from LP HQ. So:

  1. Log in at
  2. To log in, you need the e-address used for your LP membership.
  3. If you can’t remember which one of your various e-addresses you used, then check emails you get from the LP to see what address they’re sent to. Or try your different e-addresses.
  4. If you get no emails from the LP (not even at addresses now disused), then your LP membership may just have lapsed. Rejoin at
  5. If you can’t remember your password, click on “Forgot Password” to retrieve it
  6. Then you will see the ward branch and CLP to which your membership is linked, and your membership number
  7. If that shows that the LP still records you at your old address, click on the “contact us” button and send a message with your new address.

This may not sort it out, because LP membership administration is poor and some CLP secretaries are inefficient. But for sure you can’t sort it out without doing the above.

If your record at shows the correct branch and constituency, but you’re not getting communications from the CLP, and e.g. doesn’t have your CLP secretary contact details, ask us and we may be able to help.

Pretty much all CLPs, however sluggish, have a website (Google search for it, e.g. for Chipping Barnet) with a “contact us” link, and/or Facebook pages through which you can contact them (e.g. for Birkenhead CLP).

Leave a Reply